Visit Biggar and Upper Clydesdale Museum
So much “Biggar” on the inside!
Visit Biggar Museum and you’ll be surprised by how much “bigger” it is on the inside! The museum’s modest exterior hides extensive collections spanning 14,000 years of rural life in Biggar and Upper Clydesdale. Described by one Trip Advisor reviewer as “a small museum packing a mighty punch” you can expect your visit to be an extra special one. Many of our visitors find enough to do and see for an hour or longer. So take your time and make the most of your visit!
- Come face-to-face with 4,000 year old Thankerton man
- See Scotland’s oldest gun
- Learn about Scotland’s earliest people – from Lanarkshire!
- Mary Queen of Scot’s connection to Biggar
- Spend time immersed in Gladstone Court, our Victorian street scene & shops
- Staff the telephone exchange to connect your callers
- Try your hand with the girds & cleeks
Plan Your Visit
Opening times, admission prices, access & facilities and information on how to get here.
Take our virtual tour and view our museum gallery.
Groups, of any age, are welcomed and can make an appointment to visit out-with the usual opening hours.
Learning about history should be fun, so here at Biggar Museum we try to ensure there are plenty of interactive activities for children to enjoy.
Biggar Museum is an ideal workspace for community activities and local exhibitions.
Biggar & Surrounds
The museum enjoys a High Street location at the heart of the pretty and bustling market town of Biggar.